Reminiscent of a 16th century Italian Palace, Palazzo Versace Dubai is a Neoclassical masterpiece with subtle traces of Arabian architecture. Featuring a striking entrance, high ceilings, landscaped gardens, and a range of well-crafted Italian furnishings, the hotel is truly symbolic of the Versace lifestyle.
Set in the heart of the Culture Village, less than 15 minutes away from Dubai International Airport and 8 minutes away from Burj Khalifa and Downtown Dubai, Palazzo Versace Dubai is conveniently located along the shores of the historic Dubai Creek. On arrival one is welcomed by the striking ‘Pietra di Fiume’ design of the iconic Medusa and Greek décor. A walk through the 5-star hotel’s public spaces reveals several exclusive designs and fabrics from the House of Versace, while the lagoon pools and reflection ponds complement the serenity of the lush gardens that surround the hotel – a true luxury retreat for leisure travellers.
Every single piece of furniture and fabric that adorns the hotel’s 215 hotel rooms and suites, and 169 residences, is designed and tailor-made by the House of Versace exclusively for the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai. Each of the hotel’s 8 restaurants and bars is designed to have an al fresco terrace to reflect the heritage of Palazzos, where the internal court was the informal space to meet, dine and enjoy the weather. The three outdoor pools are decorated with mosaic tiles and surrounded by palm trees and flowers. The beautifully landscaped gardens and unobstructed views of the Dubai Creek and skyline, make this luxury hotel an ideal venue for weddings and social events in Dubai.
The Director of Sales and Marketing is responsible to drive the momentum and provide the direction and motivation to execute the sales strategy for the hotel in order to achieve and exceed budgeted revenues, in all aspects of the hotel business
- Conducts continuous research on potential accounts in the corporate, leisure and MICE markets
- Achieves established annual sales quotas and targets
- Solicits maximum business from market segments and seeks updates from Sales Team on performance of regional accounts
- Set standards, supervises and reviews staff performances
- Establishes, maintains and reviews the departmental operations and Standard operating Procedure (SOP) manuals
- Attends overseas trade shows and sales trip to promote sales
- Recommends necessary sales action plans or procedure reviews to maintain and increase market shares
- Coordinates with Revenue Management team to maximize income potential
- Continually evaluates markets and their needs, comparing them with existing products and services
- Assist in creating development programs for rooms and food & beverage sales
- Maintains very close liaison with Front Office, Food & Beverage and Credit/ Finance departments.
- Establishes specific target for acquisition, retention and development.
- To draw up and implement marketing/ business plan for each department
- Establishes budgets for marketing and manage them efficiently
- Ensure that all activities adhere to and support Palazzo Versace Quality Management System
- Minimum 7 to 10 years or progressive sales management experience in 5star luxury hotel segment
- Three to four years of direct management of sales team
- Middle East experience is highly preferred
- Degree in Hotel Management
- Advanced certification in Sales or Marketing
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment or experience with multiple cultures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- – Knowledge of GDS Systems, Switch connectivity
- – CRS (SynXis, Trust, Pegasus, Micros, etc.)
- – PMS (Opera, Delphi etc.)
- – Internet Booking Engines
- – Revenue Management Systems
- – Interfaces between PMS, CRS & RMS
- – Experience in chain code switches & hotel implementations