Leading hospitality suppliers from around the world have landed in Johannesburg for the inaugural The Hotel Show Africa, taking place from June 25 to 27.
The Hotel Show Africa 2017 is co-located with the continent’s long-established food and beverage show Africa’s Big 7, making this the biggest food and hospitality platform in its history, both part of Retail & Hospitality Week at The Gallagher Conference Centre.
The new event is adapted for the African market and based on international organiser dmg events MEA’s highly successful The Hotel Show Dubai, the 18th edition of which will take place this September.
Tourism is at the heart of South Africa’s economic growth plan with a government-backed target of a 50 per cent increase in visitors by 2020. The hospitality sector is a key growth target for governments across sub-Saharan Africa and the continent has almost 30,000 new rooms under construction at 159 hotels this year.
Top national and international suppliers are showcasing hospitality products for restaurants, cafes, bars and hotels, right through to food & beverage service outlets at The Hotel Show Africa 2017.
Highlights of the three day event include:
- Build and security, three of the world leaders: Access Control Technologies, Dormakaba and Assa Abloy. In the bedroom, top US mattress supplier Restonic will be at the show alongside Belgotex, which is Africa’s leading flooring company, established on four continents.
- Blind Rage, promises the biggest selection of window dressings in the country, while leading furniture manufacturer Calgan Recliners will also be at the show. Origin Fitness brings the world’s top gym equipment.
- The Vision Conference, which has top speakers from around the world runs over the three days. It will examine key issues for the continent including: attracting investment for new build; the technology that is changing hospitality; what guests expect in 2017 and how the future African tourism can set the sustainability standard for the world.
- Speakers include industry leaders from Tsogo Sun; Tourism Grading Council; Solarus; Carlson Rezidor Group; Accor and Hilton Hotels.
- Other event features include a ‘WACS Kitchen of the Future Challenge’ by WORLDCHEFS.
The Hotel Show 2017 is part of Retail & Hospitality Week 2017 at The Gallagher Convention Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa, from June 25 to 27. Learn more about The Hotel Show Africa 2017 and the Vision Conference at www.thehotelshowafrica.com