Burj Al Arab
An exciting role has arisen for a highly motivated and hardworking Bar Manager for the Gold on 27 at the Burj Al Arab.
The main purpose of this role is assist the Assistant of Food & Beverage Manager to plan, organize and direct all processes of the outlet to ensure the outlet provides quality food and beverage service that is consistent with the Burj Al Arab’s SOP and achieves maximum revenue and profit in line budgeted and forecasted projections.
Your key duties will include:
- Developing and maintaining an elegantly appointed environment, with superior staff, dedicated to an attentive, distinctive experience.
- Being able to hire, train, supervise and discipline all outlet staff.
- Maintaining a friendly yet unobtrusive manner with all guests.
- Control reservations and seating of the outlet with regards to companies standards.
- Ensuring the correct and consistent service techniques for various events will be demonstrated by all colleagues.
- To be able to anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and assure their availability.
- Control the usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
- Being able to observe the daily conditions of all physical facilities and equipment in the department; makes recommendations for corrections and improvements as needed.
- Preparing the colleague schedules, which allow for appropriate service while controlling labor costs and over time.
- Being able to communicate with the Chef and F&B management to discuss menus, marketing strategies and guest comments and concerns.
- Liaising with sales team for coordination of future/current events, ideas and suggestions to introduce promotional activities.
- Being able to forecast covers and revenues and then schedules accordingly.
- Maintaining a daily log for communication between outlet colleagues.
- A Bachelor Degree in Hospitality or equivalent and WSET level 2 or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 year experience as Bar Manager in high-end international bar environment.
- You will have good cocktail knowledge and strong beverage skills.
- Great communication, time management and organisational skills, as well as leadership skill and the capability to multitask with strong attention to detail. You will also be a team player, your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
- Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office and Micros is essential as are excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Addition of any other foreign languages like Russian, German, and Arabic would be an advantage.
APPLY THROUGH LINKEDIN – https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/249107073/