Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
Al Habtoor City, Sheikh Zayed Road
The St. Regis Dubai
The St. Regis Dubai extends the legacy of the Astor family to Dubai. The hotel’s interiors are accentuated with bespoke attention to detail, evident in elements such as the intricacy of the grand staircase and carefully selected artworks. Further complementing its grandeur is a private helipad. There are 234 guestrooms including 182 rooms and 52 suites, including its flagship Imperial Suite. The legendary St. Regis Butler Service is extended to every guest at The St. Regis Dubai.
Offering complete relaxation, Iridium Spa consists of six treatment rooms, two hammams and separate female and male wet areas with steam rooms and saunas. The St. Regis Dubai provides eight distinctive restaurants and lounges, ranging from a modern French Brasserie to a classic steakhouse, seducing senses with distinctive aromas and enchanting ambiences. The 800-square metre Astor Ballroom and six meeting rooms graciously accommodate gatherings from executive round-table meetings to grand occasions, providing guests every opportunity to curate unforgettable memories.
• Assist Complex Director of Marketing & Communications in reaching the targeted goals of the Hotel as defined in the marketing plan.
• To lead and manage the Public Relations Function of the Hotel through the development and implementation of successful strategies which are market focused, supportive of Marketing plans and in line with both Company and Hotel Mission and Vision.
• To keep all media sources informed of relevant events which place the hotel and its name in the public eye as a market leader, therefore maintaining a link between the Hotel and the press within the local community.
• To co-ordinate new printed materials with the advertising agency.
• To ensure corporate identity standards for all promotional material.
• To co-ordinate and oversee the production of existing collateral and the development of new promotional materials.
• To ensure that all hotel collateral is updated and current and to manage the inventory on all collateral.
• To work with the Complex Director of Marketing & Communications to plan and co-ordinate the advertising and promotions programs.
• To prepare and implement the hotel’s annual advertising plan and to co-ordinate with advertising agencies on all matters related to creative and media planning.
• To monitor advertising as it appears for feedback to agencies on positioning and appearance.
• To bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
• To co-ordinates mailings as stated in the marketing plan.
• To assist Complex Director of Marketing & Communications for preparing the annual and monthly marketing action plans.
• To follow the marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
• To keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.).
• To update customers with the latest development of the hotel by means of Web-site and some other available distribution channels
• To participate in developing new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department and/or F&B
• To work with frequent flyer airlines partners to promote the hotel internationally.
• To take part in sales and marketing training programs
• To keep himself/herself updated with the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the hotel
• To keep department informed of all changes in the Guest profile.
• To follow up market trend and suggest necessary actions to Complex Director of Marketing & Communications.
• To establish, maintain and continually improve the Hotel’s image through all forms of media relations (press, TV, computer communication etc)
• To develop excellent communications channels to both internal and external customers, (including all levels of employees) as well a corporate communications, providing regular communication on actual and forthcoming events.
• To be involved in the editorial committee of all in house publications for staff and guests alike, including press releases etc.
• To review daily, weekly or periodical press publications for either positive or negative articles written about the Hotel or the Company and take all necessary forms of action to develop a positive response.
• To review daily, weekly or periodical press publications for social, political, economic or legal articles, which may impact the business or public relations.
• Research and Benchmark all forms of media adverts and articles to ensure that the Hotel remains a market leader in public relations.
• To communicate any special events related to business or staff achievements in order to maintain a pro-active image of the hotel within local and international press and other forms of media.
• To activate the PR crisis management policy on behalf of the Managing Director, in order to communicate with local/international media regarding emergencies, therefore avoiding potentially damaging information to the Hotel/Company.
• To attend, participate in, communicate with, organize and co-ordinate parties, press associations, clubs, and societies etc. to promote a positive image of the Hotel within the market place, giving internal feedback to the Management Team.
• To arrange tours and site inspections of the Hotel as required, communicating and promoting facilities, features, benefits and new aspects of the entire Hotel product.
• To continue to establish, develop and attract contacts through societies, business and trade associations, charities, social clubs, civic and reform bodies etc.
• To network with colleagues in similar positions in the local hospitality and tourism industries, as well as other potential business related industries.
• To be involved in the development, implementation, management and success of Marketing Communication strategies in the Hotel’s Marketing Plan
• To foster and maintain excellent lines of communication with all members of the management team in order to promote two-way communication and offer support to profit centres and operations.
• To participate in the development, management and supply of all promotional collateral, mailing lists as well as international advertising and direct mailing.
• To manage the Marketing office administration function including: Photographic and other files/data banks, press clippings etc.
• To arrange photo shoots, special promotions, press releases and Advertisements
• To meet and host visiting international/local press representatives to the Hotel, arranging social or business activities as required.
• To deal with any guest complaints/comments brought to the attention of the Marketing office, taking all forms of appropriate action to give a positive response.
• To be involved in self-development programs in order to keep up to date with current communication and Marketing trends and tools and to enhance the continual learning process and make recommendations to the Complex Director of Marketing & Communications.
• To keep the hotel website updated and ensure that all images, events and contact details are valid.
• Update corporate website with all required data throughout the year in a timely manner.
• Attend to and deliver all requirements of the head office and the corporate communication offices within the given deadlines.
• Any other duties, which may be assigned to you from time to time as directed by your Manager.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Information Management
• Problem Solving
• Leadership Skills
• Listening and Oral Skills
• Personal Appearance
• Grooming and conduct are an example to the team and provide a professional image for guests
• Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment.
• English – excellent oral and written skills
• Arabic – beneficial
• Computer literacy adapted to the field of housekeeping
• Basic Computer Programs-Word, Excel, Power Point
• Communication Skills
• Presentation Skills
High School Diploma or College Degree in Hospitality.
At least 3 years of experience in marketing field as a marketing head or assistant manager in the hotel or media industry. More experience preferred.