Job of the Week for this 2nd week of February 2016 is General Manager of the 5* Fairmont Mina Al Fajer resort in Fujairah.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts describe the property as: “Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 88 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.”
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a global hotel brand offering and experiences in places of . Be an ambassador for the brand and your hotel as General Manager, where your leadership, strong interpersonal skills and strategic vision will drive solid operating results, an engaged team and memorable guest experiences.
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 88 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Regional VP , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Responsible for the overall management and strategic direction of the hotel
- Oversee the operations functions of the hotel, including but not limited to Food and Beverage and Rooms Division
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets through establishment of a positive culture, clear expectations and policy and procedural implementation
- Direct the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel’s annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget
- Actively involved in various industry and community initiatives
- Act as spokesperson for the hotel and an ambassador for the Fairmont Brand
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for all departments are on time, on target and accurate
- Ensure full compliance to hotel operating controls
- Actively involved in the recruitment process of senior leadership positions within the hotel
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role, within a similar hotel brand required
- Extensive hotel operations experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.