The Jumeirah Group’s newly advertised role of Chef de Cuisine – North Deck – Burj Al Arab is our highlight job of the week.
JOB DESCRIPTION: An exciting role has arisen at Burj Al Arab for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. Reporting to the Head Chef, the main purpose of this role is to ensure that the kitchen runs smoothly, efficiently and cost effectively.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensuring that the kitchen operation runs smoothly and effectively.
- Developing menus and “specials” which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurant.
- Developing menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Ensuring that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Liaising with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
- Being responsible for the audit requirements for HACCP and Dubai Municipality as needed.
- Assisting in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- Identifying Market needs and trends in terms of food for both hotel guests and local market, and Monitors and analyses the menus and products of competitive restaurants.
- Being able to plan and implement effective food promotions in co-ordination with the Chefs office.
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained a Hotel restaurant degree certificate and minimum 1-2 years experience at Michelin * Restaurants within 5* star hotel and have exposure to multi-national cuisine.
This is a very “hands on” and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight ticket allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.